Next year (in 2 months!) I’m heading down south to beautiful Sayulita, Mexico to marry the man of my dreams and this propted the question of so many who know our love of travel, “Where are you going on your honeymoon!?” Now this question has got me dreaming of the ultimate honeymoon escape – Bali!
Bali has it all for us. We both have a couple of musts. Me – Sunshine, beautiful beaches, irresistably blue water, amazing food, and a place that begs to have it’s picture taken. Check. Graeme – Surf, Surf, and more Surf. Check.
Now for dreaming! As soon as we decided on Bali I noticed many of my favorite Instagram girls are frequenting all the spots of I’ve been dreaming of. The beautiful @tashoakley is killing it at Padang Padang Beach and @apairandaspare is sipping cocktails at Rock Bar. Their photos come to life and a hand slowly ushers me “join us!” and I start dreaming of the 12,971 km treck from Vancouver to Bali where I’m soaking up the sunshine pool side, rocking my favorite Acacia Bikini with a fresh coconut in my hand. My body is bronzed and my hair is sun kissed…. ahhh what a life.
We’re now all booked with the help of The Luxe Nomad and my never ending instagram browsing and pinterest obsessing. Here are the top 12 reasons why I’ve been dreaming of Bali.
1. Living Villa style at The Bale! Because I could definitely get use to private pools and romping around Nusa Dua.
2. Laying poolside like @apairandaspare – because who doesn’t dream of tanning beside your own private pool surrounded by tropical flowers.
3. Getting pampered jungle style at the Viceroy Ubud. Rice Patties. Check. Amazing infinity pool. Check. Ocassional monkey vists. Check.
4. Hitting up Rockbar for the ultimate sunset cocktails. I’ll take a Mojito please!
5. Spoiling our tastebuds at MAMA San with their yummy take on Asian street food.
6. Feeling glam, lounging at Cocoon Beach Club
7. Partaking in the ocassional, or not so occasional lunchtime Margarita at Motel Mexicola
8. Nude Tanning! Because when you’re at a private villa you can do whatever you want. When in doubt… pineapples make an excellent bikini top!
9. Jumping on a scooter and exploring the backroads with this guy (who will be my husband by the time we’re there!! eeek!!). PS. Last time we did this we were stranded in the middle of no where with two flat tires…. crossing fingers no flat tires this time :S
10. Surfing at Padang Padang Beach. Walking out at lowtide – such a dream!
11. Dipping my toes in the water at Karma Beach.
12. And maybe saying “hi!” to a monkey or two at the the Monkey Forest! *note to self… do not wear a long scarf again.